Tuesday, May 22, 2007

i'm gonna b a soldier!

hey there everyone!
just thought that i would a blog on ME BECOMING A SOLDIER!
i'm so excited! i can't wait! it's happening on the 3rd of june @ greensy salvos @ 11am!
be the or be a.............rectangle? lol. square! i was talking to a friend the other day and we were just talking about what it means to be a soldier etc, etc. ani feel as if i'm more excited now than when i first decided to be a soldier! if u come on sunday then you'll hear my testimony, if not then here's a little sneak peak: God has put the salvos in my life and the only thing that i'm sure of concerning my future is that they're always gonna b in my life! just like God! becoming a soldier means sharing the news of God to this world, it means holding true to the beliefs of early salvationists! it means that i get 2 wear a uniform, but it also means that when people see me in that uniform then they will hopefully know that they have found someone who will help them the best that they can, that will lead them to God, that will be there for them, that will not judge but openly accept them. i can't wait for this part of my journey with God to unfold, so whoever reads this if u want to come then please do. ither way plz pray that God will use me in the salvos.
thanks all.
love alana;-P

2 comments:

charlotte said...

HEY HEY!
That's awesome - as I said, I'll see what I can do. But we have youth church that night at my home then I'll be driving up again on Monday morning so yeaaah...if I can find someone who wants to drive there and back! HEHE! But I'll be praying for you anyway! We'll have to meet and talk about YITS soon!
Love for you! Nomes <><

Simon Mapleback said...

Amazing - good decision!! You will now represent the Salvation Army - what does that mean?

Have a read of James' latest blog -'I believe Holiness is real', something for us all to work towards especially for us 'soldiers' (and of course Officers).

Your joining the war now, expect to be attacked too, but remember to praise God for it!!!! (read Acts and their persecutions but more importantly how they glorified God!)

'To be like Jesus, this hope posesses me'.

Congratualtions on your enrolment again, sorry can't be at Greensy on Sunday but all the best, and may God bless you abundantly!!